Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Our Graduate!

by Amy

Last Friday, my precious girl finished her first grade home school curriculum! (I can't believe she's growing up so fast!) So, we had a family celebration! That afternoon, Savannah requested that we go play at an indoor play area. Think: Big McDonald's Play Place times six. It's not huge, but big enough to spend an hour or two running around it. (And small enough for them to hear me when I call them!) So, that afternoon, that's where we went. Then, we came home to eat hot dogs and Cheetos (thanks to the Browns!) for dinner. Then, we topped it off with a mint cheesecake pie. Finally, we each gave Savannah a homemade card expressing our congratulations.


Little did we know.... while I was helping the boys make Savannah's cards, she was in her room making thank you cards for her brothers.



I am really proud of Savannah. As I look back over the last 9 months of first grade, I see so much growth! Obviously, she knows more than she did when we began, but she has also really grown in diligence and perseverance. She's not as easily distracted as she once was. She has also learned how to manage her own time. Each Monday I would give her a list of things that needed to be completed by the end of the week. She was faithful to work hard, especially at the beginning of the week, to make sure she'd get it all done. She also has fallen in love with books! For some reason, it just blesses my heart to see my daughter wrapped up in reading! At the beginning of first grade, she liked to read, but she didn't love it. Now, a good book is right up there with Adventures in Odyssey on her list of favorite things to do.

First grade was fun.... Second grade, here we come!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

awe, way to go Savannah! It's so hard to believe what a big girl she is! And what a great teacher she has (and such a great mommy)! love you all!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Savannah! Congrats from the Goodins! :D

We love and miss you, sweet girl.