by Amy
I love cake - I love a moist chocolate cake served warm with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream. Mmmm! It doesn't get much better than that (especially if there's peppermint icing involved!) And, I have a really great recipe that's super easy, so I thought I'd pass it on....
It's called A Darn Good Chocolate Cake, and it comes from the book The Cake Mix Doctor by Anne Byrn. (It's a GREAT book! I'd highly recommend purchasing it!)
1 box of Devil's Food or Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
1 small box of chocolate pudding (3.4+ oz.) (about 2/3 cup if you happen to buy pudding in bulk like me :) )
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream (add 2 t of white vinegar to 1 cup of heavy whipping cream - just in case you live overseas and can't buy sour cream, like me!)
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
Place cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, water and oil in a large bowl. Beat thoroughly with mixer, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Grease you pan and bake at 350. The time will vary depending on the type of pan you use. Look on the back of the box for guidance. She recommends 45-50 min. for a bundt pan. You can tell the cake's ready when it springs back when lightly pressed with your finger and it just starts to pull away from the sides of the pan. **Be careful if you test "done-ness" with a toothpick. There will be melted chocolate chips through out the cake that can fool you into thinking the middle of the cake is not done.
Ice the cake with your favorite icing, drizzle with a ganache or glaze, or serve plain. Any way you cut it, it's delightful!
Monday, August 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm sure I have something I need to get from your house. "
Oh, cake? I didn't know you made this wonderfully scrumptious chocolate cake! Sure, I'll have some, thanks!"
yes, yes, I love cake!
I will eat it with a goat.
I will eat it in a boat.
I will eat it in a house.
I will eat it with a mouse.
I will eat it at your house.
I will eat at my house.
I will take your cake recipe and steal it to be forever mine and use it every single time I want to make chocolate cake and I will not share it with my family and I will get fat but I wont' care because that cake is
So.
Stinkin.
Good.
(you have missed me, haven't you???)
Sounds really yummy. I'll definitely be giving it a try. Thanks!
Amy,
HA! I see what you meant by the funny comments! I will say...your cake is fabulous. I love the sour cream/pudding/choc chip one. Dense, chocolaty, moist, YUM! What would we do without the cake mix doctor?
Post a Comment