by Amy
I figure since I posted on the first day of July, I should post on the last day of July as well. Sorry there was nothing in-between!
Our time in Hong Kong was really great! One unexpected blessing was running into some friends. They were also in Hong Kong waiting to get a new visa. This family has a 7 year old daughter and a 4 year old son. So, needless to say, our kids had a BLAST playing with them. We also hit the beach and pool 3 times each. That was super fun. All three of my kids love to swim! And, Alex and Savannah LOVED jumping off the diving board and swimming to the side by themselves. Peter didn't want to do it, but he still had a great times splashing around and "swimming". We did hit Disneyland one day. It was fun, but it was SOOO hot! And, Savannah was a little disappointed that we couldn't find all the princesses this time. We saw them in the parade, but that's all.
Since we came home we've hit the ground running! We got home on a Monday night and Brad taught at an English Camp for 4th-6th grade kids the following Tuesday - Friday. Then, we had two American friends come visit us! Sarah came all the way from Colorado!! Oh, it was so great to see her. She was visiting a friend from college who teaches here. So, as they toured the country, the came to visit us for 3 days. What a sweet blessing to connect with Sarah again and meet Megan. They both have such precious hearts. It was exciting to hear what our Father's been doing in and through them both! Amazing....
Then, this past week, we've been getting back into the home schooling routine. Savannah continues to amaze me with how well she's doing in school. Sometimes I forget she's only in first grade. She has read over 850 pages - only 150 left until she gets her BIG prize! (I'm so excited!) Peter and Alex are truckin' right along in their reading lessons. Alex has really surprised me with how well he's doing. I expected it to be more difficult for him than it has been. I'm thankful! Peter had a rough week of reading lessons, but by the end of the week, I was thankful to see an improvement in his attitude resulting in an improvement in his reading. They've each completed 50 lessons - we're half way there!
Well, I'm sure more things have happened over the last month, but that's all I can remember at this very moment. The other stories will have to wait until a later day!
Friday, July 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment