Saturday, April 17, 2010

3 and Counting!

By Amy
No, I'm not counting children.... I'm counting years! As of today, we've lived in this place for THREE years! That seems hard to believe. I think back to unfamiliar and strange this place was to me, just three years ago. My, a lot of things have changed!
I'll name a few:
-- I know where to go if I need to buy something.
-- I understand most things people say to me.
-- The sights and smells are familiar and even comforting (OK, so not all the smells are comforting, but a lot are!)
-- I have friends here.
-- I know how to cook here.
-- I'm comfortable going places all by myself (actually, I LOVE going anywhere all alone!)
-- I feel at home here (most days, at least.)
-- My kids are at home here.
What a blessing it is to think back.... The Lord has been so gracious to us! Three years ago, I never imagined I'd be able to honestly make any of those statements.
Now, look at this picture of my kids! We were sitting in a relator's office trying to find a place to lease when I snapped this shot! MY how they have changed! My boys look like toddlers there! (I guess they were toddlers....) Where has the time gone?!?

No comments: