Saturday, July 7, 2007

Minor Controversy

From Brad.
Well, a minor controversy has erupted in the Morello home over the past few hours. As the Morellos were shopping today, we landed upon the perfect birthday present for a sweet little girl who is about to exit the 'little' stage. She turns 5 on Thursday and so we bought her a bike today. However, should she be allowed to play with and ride her bike before Thursday? Do you open Christmas gifts on Dec. 19th? Certainly not...or do you? Mom has sided with Savannah and wants to grant permission immediately. Furthermore, Mom has informed Savannah that they are a team in this one and Daddy is the bad guy. Am I really that bad for wanting the day of her birthday to be the special day when she gets to actually ride on/play with her bike? I think not. In fact, I'm pretty well persuaded that Savannah will eventually see the wisdom in waiting and thank me for it later, despite how her Mom might seek to distort all that is sacred and holy. No, I'm sticking to my guns right now and doing the right thing. Way to go Dad. Way to lead in the face of tremendous opposition. Courage, bravery...any other adjectives come to mind?

2 comments:

Kevin and Becky said...

Hmm...can't think of any adjectives but how about a noun: curmudgeon. Come on, Brad! You only turn 5 once! I'm on Savannah & Amy's side.

Anonymous said...

Although my personality would tend to side with the traditionalist, Brad (and he IS the head of the household afterall), I must remind my like-minded friend that his wife is like my husband (wearing her new shoes out of the store with the old ones in the box). She DOES open Christmas presents on the 19th, if that's when they arrive. And really, if your sweet daughter was to wait until her birthday, then perhaps hiding it under a sheet until Thursday (instead of dressing her up to pose with it for pictures!) would have been a better route. ;)

So, another vote for the birthday girl! Sorry Brad.