Sunday, June 24, 2007
You Must Be Kidding Me!
From Brad. It is our goal to wake up early each morning for time with Him and then to study the language. We have hoped that this would be a good example for our kids and that someday they will have the same habit. When they wake up, we typically allow the boys to play in their room until we're ready for them to come out, but Savannah will often sit with us with her Children's Bible. She can't read right now, but she can flip through the pictures and remember the stories that we've read to her time and time again. Well, last night was one of those nights that I just couldn't sleep. So I got out of bed and studied my language until about 1am. As a result, I did not hear my alarm clock (my Treo) and slept straight through it (as did Amy). So, still tired, we rolled out of bed at 8:20am. The boys were still asleep, probably because we skipped their naps yesterday and they were exhausted. However, as I walked out into the living room, there was my daughter, sitting on the couch, all by herself...reading her Bible. Instead of hopping into bed with us, or waking us up, she decided to grab her Bible and dig in. If I hadn't seen this, I would have never believed it. Now who is the example for who?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to go, Pilgrim Savannah!
Love & hugs from Miss Krista
Awesome! Good to hear about Savanah! We miss you guys and we continue to talk to Father on your behalf.
Post a Comment