by Amy
This summer, since our kids are not attending local schools, we can spend all day home schooling, instead of just 4 hours in the afternoon. That has meant my kids get to spend extra time reading, playing educational games online, and doing other fun activities. This past week I taught them about symmetry. We had fun doing a different activity each day. On the first day, after having some fun with a mirror, I had my kids paint on half a sheet of paper, then fold it so the wet paint could rub off on the clean half of of the paper. This is what we got..
On another day, we pulled out LEGOS and used the block to create symmetrical walls. Then, they thought it was extra fun to make something almost symmetrical and have someone else find the flaw. Our third day, I gave them a sheet of graph paper and had them use markers to draw symmetrical designs. But, on the last day, we made butterflies! I thought they turned out really well! I gave each of the kids a butterfly and some foam pieces. They could chose to use already cut shapes to to cut their own. Here's the final result:
I'm so thankful to have this extra time with the kids in the summer! This week we have friends from America visiting, so I'm not sure how much "extra" fun stuff we'll be able to do, but next week, we'll be back on track! Here's one more cute pic I snapped this morning!







No comments:
Post a Comment