by Amy
Since I'm done with Teach Your Child How to Read in 100 Easy Lessons, I've been doing "reading class" with the boys. Basically, I'm using readers (easy to read books) to review and teach phonics rules. When I was using the 100 Easy Lessons I taught the boys individually. But, now that we're just using normal books, I'm teaching them together. Recently I told them that if they could each successfully read Green Eggs and Ham that we'd eat green eggs and ham for dinner. They were super motivated to work hard! [side note: real ham is a rarity around here, but since it's the holidays, we can order a whole ham from our import store. So, right now, we have ham in our home. -- it's delightful!]

Do those look like happy, smart boys are what!?!?

Our dinner consisted of green scrambled eggs with diced ham, chocolate milk, and cinnamon rolls with green icing. Mmmm! It was yummy! There were definitely smiles all around! Way to go Alex and Peter! Next I'm going to have them read something about chocolate!
1 comment:
Sorry, Aim. I just couldn't have eaten them . . . with my eyes open. ;)
Post a Comment