Monday, October 27, 2008

Thankful for Odyssey

by Amy

We love our kids' new kindergarten for many reasons (it's close, all my kids can be together, 3:1 kid:teacher ratio, etc...). But the one thing that I don't like about it is that there are no other kids Savannah's age. She's the oldest one in the class. So, even after living here for 1.5 years, Savannah still does not have a good, local friend her age. She has never complained about it, but I wish it wasn't this way....

One of the things that has helped Savannah not feel lonely is Adventures in Odyssey, a radio theater production put on by Focus on the Family. She LOVES to listen to Odyssey! She talks about the characters a lot -- quoting them and laughing at their experiences. Eugene, Connie, and Whit have become her best friends. Although, they are not real people, I'm so thankful that Savannah has them! And, she has really taken to heart many of the lessons/values the stories try to teach. They have led to many good conversations!

No comments: