Sunday, February 10, 2008

Vacation Fun

By Amy

Well, we’re still here in SE Asia. We’ll head home on Friday. Our time out of country has been really refreshing for me – especially this last week in the beach town. Brad and I have had a chance to attend some meetings while our kids were in “VBS.” Once again, our kids are thriving in the kids’ program. Savannah is especially loving it! She’s made several sweet friends that it will be fun to see on an annual basis. All three kids have loved getting to go swimming almost every day. And, their swimming skills have grown incredibly! Savannah is part fish (I guess you could call her a mermaid!) She is doing great swimming on her own! And, Alex has grown as well. We have little arm floaties for the boys. In the past Alex has tolerated our trips to the pool as long as he had a ring around his chest. But, the minute I pull him out of the ring, with only floaties on, he flips out! He literally screams hysterically. This just happened 10 days ago when I took the kids swimming in the capital city while Brad was in serious pain. So, on Friday night, we eat a fast dinner so we can take the kids to the pool. In the large kiddie pool (just under 3 ft deep) where both boys can stand up, I saw Alex using the floaties and kicking his feet out behind him. Brad and I both were quite impressed and cheered him on. But, I about flipped when Alex cheerfully slid into the 12ft deep end (where I was) with only little floaties on his arms. He kicked his way right over to me with a huge smile on his face! I was so proud! Pedo has always been pretty comfortable in the water and still seems to be loving it.

Having happy kids that ask every night if they’ll, “get to” go back to VBS the next day has made leaving them every day for the last 8 days, not as challenging as I expected. While our kids were playing, swimming, doing crafts and singing songs, Brad and I have been enjoying times of cooperate w-rship, pr-ching, testimonies, and seminars. (We got to choose 6 from about 60 options.) And, I am thankful to report that the Father has been so faithful to refresh and encourage me spiritually during these times. I have really felt near to Him as the old message of forgiveness and freedom has seemed so new and fresh to me. We sang so many songs about the cross and my heart was pierced anew as I reflected on what my Savior accomplished for me there. As I pondered that again, I am filled with a new resolve and power to live the life we are all called to live! PTL!

On a different note, I am also pleased to report that Brad is feeling so much better! After having a slipped disk causing back pain then intense leg pain, he is walking and moving almost normally again. The Dr. seems to think the swelling has gone down and the disk is back in place, no longer pinching nerves. What a blessing!!

No comments: