Sunday, December 30, 2007

Mint Cookies

by Amy

As you know, I LOVE mint! I found this recipe online (thanks to Jessica B!) and after tweaking it a bit, it's delightful so I thought I'd share.... Here's my version of Chocolate Mint Snowball Cookies:

1.5 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoon cocoa
1.5 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
195 g. of milk chocolate (just over 1 cup of milk chocolate chips)
1.5 teaspoon peppermint extract
6 Tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
½ c chocolate chips
Confectioners sugar, optional

In bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; set aside. Over hot water, melt 195g. of chocolate. Stir in peppermint extract, stirring until smooth. In bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add melted chocolate and vanilla. Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for about 1 hour (if planning on rolling into balls and coating with sugar.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; coat with confectioners sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. (You can omit rolling through powder sugar.) Bake 10-12 minutes, until tops appear cracked. Let stand 5 minutes on cookie sheet. Cool completely. Enjoy!

No comments: