Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankful Hearts

Well, Thanksgiving is coming! And, even though we are living half way around the world, we’ll be celebrating all day tomorrow! Two other American families are coming to our home around 10am. Our plan is to eat lunch around noon, put kids down for naps (there are 7 kids in these three families), play games in the afternoon after a devo, and eat round two for dinner! And, even though we are far, far away from America, we will still be enjoying turkey and stuffing. Actually, we will be enjoying quite a feast….for starters we’ll enjoy apples with caramel dip, deviled eggs, and a veggie tray with ranch dip. Our main course will consist of turkey, stuffing, gravy, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, mac’n cheese, and rolls. Then, we will complete the meal with a pecan pie, pumpkin pie, chocolate mousse pie, hot blueberry strudel, and a cheese cake ball. So, all that to say, I think we’ll pretty full by tomorrow evening!

Sue and I have been talking to the kids about what we’re thankful for the past few days, so I thought I’d share their list with you.

Peter:
Apples
Choo-choo trains
Our home
Cars
Ayi (Auntie, what they call Leigh, our househelper)
Tickling
Bananas
Kisses
Chocolate
Pedo (yes, he's thankful for himself!)
Papa & Nana
Trucks
Cake
Hugs
Sour chicken
Alex

Alex:
Movies
Airplanes
Lighten McQueen
“Little Man” (a game Daddy plays)
Aunt Rachel(s) ~ both of them
Grandma
Daddy
Superman
Our home
Ayi
Mommy
Jesus

Savannah:
School
Jesus dying on a cross
Daddy
Christmas
School
Mommy
Friends
Bible
Pie
Ice cream
Amanda (her doll)
Sunshine
Oranges
Crafts (we’ve done a few turkey crafts this week)

We enjoyed making those lists with the kiddos so I thought I’d share them with you! I’ll post Thanksgiving Day pics in a few days! Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Matthew said...

I am thankful for the Morello family! I miss you!